A classic recipe of Italian cuisine, typical of the warm season and conviviality: here is salt baked sea bass. But how to cook sea bass in a salt crust? Giorgio Guglielmetti, Chef of Longino & Cardenal, teaches us some tricks to make this recipe like true masters. If your questions are "how much salt is needed per kg of sea bass?" or "what is the cooking time for salt baked sea bass?" you are in the right place!
Find out more by reading the steps.
The real recipe for salt baked SEA BASS
Time: 60 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Ingredients for 4 people
- Gutted sea bass 2kg
- Coarse salt 2-3 kg
- 4-6 Egg whites
- Insert the herbs into the sea bass
- Combine egg whites and salt to create a firm crust
- Massage the sea bass with evo oil
- Pour in coarse salt and compact and bake at 180°, calculating 20 minutes per kg
- Blanch vegetables for a few seconds and freeze cooking in water and ice
- Remove the salt coating and clean the sea bass from the skin
- Fry the vegetables with a drizzle of oil